Wednesday 18 July 2012

Muay Thai "8points of contact"

Hey guys! It's Marcus again hope you have been enjoying my previous and my friends posts. Thank you for your time and support. The previous post i shared was about the first "2 points of contact" the fists. Today I am going to share about 4 more "points of contact", the elbow and knee.

First I am going to share about the elbow which is known as "Ti sok" in the Thai language.

The different elbow technique are as follows similarly to the previous post I will also share the Thai romanization.

Elbow Slash(Sok ti)
Horizontal Elbow(Sok tat)
Uppercut Elbow(Sok ngat)
Forward Elbow Thrust(Sok phung)
Reverse Horizontal Elbow(Sok wiang klap)          
Spinning Elbow(Sok klap)
Elbow Chop(Sok sap)
Double Elbow(Sok klap khu)
Mid-air Elbow Strike(Kradot sok)
Adapted from:  http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Muay_Thai


Next is the 2 other "points of contact" the knee, "Ti khao" in the Thai language.

The knee techniques are as follows. I'll also provide the Thai romanization.

Straight Knee Strike(Khao trong)
Diagonal Knee Strike(Khao chiang)
Curving Knee Strike(Khao khong)
Horizontal Knee Strike(Khao tat)
Knee Slap(Khao top)
Knee Bomb(Khao yao)
Flying Knee(Khao loi)
Step-up Knee Strike(Khao yiap)
Adapted from: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Muay_Thai

Here are 2 videos. One on elbow techniques and the other on knee techniques I hope you enjoy them.
I DO NOT OWN THIS VIDEO AND I DO NOT TAKE ANY CREDIT FOR THIS VIDEO. IT IS ONLY AN ADAPTTAION. Thank you for reading my post! Hope you enjoyed the videos. Tune in again soon. Please comment on this post down below. See you again.

1 comment: